What I miss the most about being gluten free is of course, bread. Especially this time of year when it becomes baking season and everyone is talking about all the deliciousness going on in their kitchens. My mouth is watering right now. I get super excited when I find a grain free recipe that is really good and this one was a HUGE hit! My kids kept asking for more and I just let them have at it because it’s all healthy. Totally deceiving 🙂 It was quick, easy and ohh so good you don’t even miss the fact that there isn’t any flour in it! I don’t have a mini loaf pan so I just made it into muffins and it was just as delicious. Enjoy
Organic Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter blend or if Paleo, use almond butter sweetened with 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (enjoy life)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and blend for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
- Place in a lined or greased loaf pan. You can use one 5×9″ pan or 2 mini loaf pans.
- Top with 1-2 tbsp of mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve. You can also serve warm too